Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good will toward...everyone.

Down the road, one of my neighbors have setup an ENORMOUS holiday display: it has Santas and Wisemen and teeter-totters. (You read that right.) But it's warm here, like 65 degrees F, and the leaves aren't finished changing and there is nothing like snow. Oh and it's barely November. I realize in these difficult economic times that stores have to start priming us for Christmas as early as imaginable, but now the girl is humming carols and people are pulling out trees. Can I please jump on a few more rotten pumpkins before you start blowing elves up my butt? Worse still, the boy and the girl are talking about pulling back on the big C this year. I'm worried. I need me some treats.

I've been thinking though. I got snatched up out of the pound by these two layabouts who only go to work long enough to be able to buy me ridiculously overpriced doggie health food. They drag me all over the country checking out trails and parks. When they aren't doing that, they insist on snuggling on the couch with me and those stupid cats (who are kind of all right when they leave me alone and are super awesome when they fight each other to the death). They are constantly tracking people through here to pet me, play with me, and bring me treats. When they're done petting me they just sit around playing cards and laughing really loudly. (It scares me sometimes.) The girl says that its time to start celebrating that, the fact that every day of our lives is like a holiday, that we should feel grateful and lucky everyday, so we don't need to try to feel extra extra special on one particular day. I guess if that's the new strategy, then I'm cool with it. Bring on the good cheer. (But maybe get me a little treat.)

Love,
Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment